It has been quite a while since I first published exsheets – a package for creating exercise sheets with LaTeX – in Juni 2012. Since then it has gained a user base and a little bit of popularity as the number of questions on tex.sx shows. User questions, bug reports and feature requests improved it over the time. It still has a version number starting with a zero, though, which in my versioning system means I still consider it experimental. Continue reading “Improving exsheets”
As of version 5.5 the
chemmacros package includes a new module named polymers. Currently it mostly defines a few macros for usage in the
\iupac command (provided by the mandatory nomenclature module) such as Continue reading “New chemmacros module “polymers””
I have written earlier about a new concept for chemmacros and about the current development of chemmacros. I really want to go along with e idea of modularity. In fact so much that I already have a draft completed (without manual and probably a number of bugs but still…). The big question is, though: How do I procede without annoying all the users of chemmacros? If I am consequent with the modularity then there need to be breaking changes.
Continue reading “a new chemmacros – but how?”
While working on chemmacros I found I wanted to use some functionality which is currently provided by the package bohr. But since I only wanted part of the functionality I realised that the same was true for bohr: it needed the functionality but wasn’t originally designed to provide it. It made sense to extract said functionality into a package of its own, extended with further functioniality. Long story short: there’s a new package called elements which will be sent to CTAN once bohr is updated to use the new package.
OK, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. But now it’s time to discuss a few ideas I have about chemmacros. As you are probably aware if you are a user of the package: it provides lots of different stuff. At least in my experience it is rarely the case that you need all of its features. Continue reading “modular chemmacros”
Since a few weeks I’m working on a package using chemfig as a backend that allows a simple yet flexible input syntax for typesetting carbohydrates. My draft at this point allows the following:
which gives: Continue reading “Carbohydrates”