Over the past few months I have been working on version 1.0 of my
chemnum package. The version seems to be ready now. However, before I publish it I would appreciate very much some feedback. Continue reading “chemnum v1.0 release candidate”
From now on issues (i.e. bugs, suggestions
\ldots) on my packages can be reported on bitbucket.
I must have been sleeping when I finished the last update of chemnum. I sent an update from v0.3c to v0.3d to CTAN two days ago — or so I thought. As it turned out I forgot to upload v0.3c. On CTAN there was still v0.3b.
Well, about thirty minutes after I submitted the upload of v0.3d, I found a stupid and nasty bug in that version. So just in case you wonder: yes the update of chemnum from v0.3b to v0.3e was correct.
chemnum recently got automated language support and seems to work with both babel (and pdflatex) as well as polyglossia (and XeLaTeX). Continue reading “Automated language support for chemnum”
By simulating section 3.2 of this paper[ref]I chose it for two reasons: 1) the paper is free, 2) it shows an example for advanced usage of chemnum.[/ref] I will go through several topics:
Before we start let’s take a look at what we want to achieve: Continue reading “A small exercise”
As you’re probably aware when you’re browsing this site chemists usually label compounds in their papers with numbers. Writing these labels by hand is ok if you only have two or three different compounds. The more it get the harder it is not to lose track. Currently there are two[ref]Three, actually. I missed bpchem for some reason.[/ref] packages which can help with that. Continue reading “Numbering Compounds”