We all know the two floating environments
figure which almost all document classes provide. Every once in a while there is the need for another floating environment. For example chemists often need something like a
scheme environment. Although the latter is easily obtained using the
chemmacros package and its
scheme module I want to show the several methods I know for defining new floats. Continue reading “How to define a new floating environment”
Version 5.6 (2016/05/02) of chemmacros comes with a whole bunch of improvements and changes – no breaking changes, though. Here’s an overview over the changes: Continue reading “What’s new in chemmacros v5.6?”
As of version 5.5 the
chemmacros package includes a new module named polymers. Currently it mostly defines a few macros for usage in the
\iupac command (provided by the mandatory nomenclature module) such as Continue reading “New chemmacros module “polymers””
I published version 5 of chemmacros nearly two months ago and so far the transition seems to have been a lot smoother than I anticipated. There have been a few support emails and posts on TeX/LaTeX stackexchange but nothing too serious. Continue reading “chemmacros v5”
I have written earlier about a new concept for chemmacros and about the current development of chemmacros. I really want to go along with e idea of modularity. In fact so much that I already have a draft completed (without manual and probably a number of bugs but still…). The big question is, though: How do I procede without annoying all the users of chemmacros? If I am consequent with the modularity then there need to be breaking changes.
Continue reading “a new chemmacros – but how?”
Yesterday I’ve changed the name of this blog. The reason is that I’d like to change the focus of this blog away from chemistry in LaTeX.
More precisely I want LaTeX in general to be the topic. That doesn’t mean I won’t be writing about chemistry in LaTeX any more – of course I still will. But there are so much more topics worth writing about! Certainly one main focus will be news about the development of my packages (one reason for not focussing on the chemistry part: I have a number of packages not related to chemistry at all!). Continue reading “Name change and other changes”
While working on chemmacros I found I wanted to use some functionality which is currently provided by the package bohr. But since I only wanted part of the functionality I realised that the same was true for bohr: it needed the functionality but wasn’t originally designed to provide it. It made sense to extract said functionality into a package of its own, extended with further functioniality. Long story short: there’s a new package called elements which will be sent to CTAN once bohr is updated to use the new package.
June 24th, 2015: elements has been sent to CTAN, bohr has been updated to v1.0.
Regardless how the discussion on modular chemmacros is going to end chemmacros eventually will be upgraded to v5.0. And there are going to be some changes: Continue reading “chemmacros development”
OK, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. But now it’s time to discuss a few ideas I have about chemmacros. As you are probably aware if you are a user of the package: it provides lots of different stuff. At least in my experience it is rarely the case that you need all of its features. Continue reading “modular chemmacros”
Since a few weeks I’m working on a package using chemfig as a backend that allows a simple yet flexible input syntax for typesetting carbohydrates. My draft at this point allows the following:
which gives: Continue reading “Carbohydrates”